Looking for a KATE replacement

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Sat Apr 30 09:43:14 PDT 2005

On 04/30/05 10:35 AM, Frank Staals sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hey everyone,
>
> When I started using FreeBSD for desktop usage ( about a year ago ) I
> used KDE as desktop manager, but now I am using XFCE4.2.1 for that
> purpose. But when writing html pages, scripts, programs etc I still use
> KATE ( KDE Advanced Text Editor ), the thing is that it starts up realy
> slow ( probably because it has to load a lot of basic kde stuff ).
>
> So the question was does anyone know a good graphical replacement for
> Kate, I esspecially like the bar on the left which lets you easily
> switch between multiple files, and the build in terminalclient on the
> bottom. I tried looking in the ports/editors section but there are that
> many editors I realy don't know what to use. I am looking for a
> graphical editor, not commandline ( therefor I allready use joe ).
>
> So anyone ideas ?

I'm not terribly fond of the gui editors myself - I'm pretty fanatical
about vim.  Still, you might find that gvim gives you what you want.
It's installed with the vim port, so you'll have a quick commandline
editor to boot - should you ever get sick of that mouse.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Whistler's Law:
  You never know who is right, but you always know who is in charge.