mergemaster -p

Brett Wiggins caleb at m-net.arbornet.org
Sat Apr 30 07:29:19 PDT 2005

hello,
	I am having some problems during my upgrde from FreeBSD 5.2
RELEASE to FreeBSD 5 - STABLE. Everything works fine up to make
installkernel. Next I run mergemaster -p, this is where I run into
problems. I have no idea what options to select/menu items to select. I
tried to go in blind but ended up locking myself out of my system. Please
before you flame me or send me an RTFM reply, note that I have consulted
the following sources;

man mergemaster
http://www.freebsddiary.org/mergemaster.php
FreeBSD handbook Chapter 19 "the cutting edge"

and of course I have run mergemaster through google/bsd.
None of the documents I have read so far informs me of what to do once
mergemaster is running. A URL to instructions or any other help would be
great.

Thanks,

Brett

You take the blue pill and the story