5.3 on latitude d600?

Clement Twine clem.twain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:42:31 PDT 2005

Stijn Hoop wrote the following on 04/30/2005 02:27 PM:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 01:09:16PM +0200, Clement Twine wrote:
>
>> has anyone installed freebsd 5.3 on a dell latitude d600? have
>> the following worked "out-of-the-box"?
>>
>> WiFi:	Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter
>
> Not out of the box but there's a driver in -CURRENT for it:
> iwi(4). There is a version for 5.3 on Damien Bergamini's website
> afaik (google for it).

ok, but this laptop is like - 3 years old? anyway, i'll look there.

>> ACPI especially suspend to RAM?
>
> Haven't gotten that to work although apparently disabling USB
> helps.

hmm.. wouldnt disable usb on my laptop - and SuSE 9.2 currently
installed does this well.

>> Bluetooth?
>
> Works, just add options NETGRAPH to your kernel and follow the
> handbook instructions to enable bluetooth.

ok.

>> Audio? (82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio
>> Controller)
>
> Works simply by loading the sound module.

hmm, ok thanks for the answers.

My major concern is suspend to RAM. I use FreeBSD, but not on my
laptop so far. Looks like i have to wait a while for the ACPI to
fully 'mature' on freeBSD ;) I *hate* having to shutdown my laptoy :)

Clem