Does FreeBSD work with "SB Live" and "GeForce"?

Jacob S stormspotter at 6Texans.net
Fri Apr 29 09:59:23 PDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:45:56 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:

> 	Folks,
>
> 	I'm looking at doing a build-your-own desktop/tower system.
> 	It's an Intel 2.9GHz motherboard with builtin graphics and
> 	sound.  But to be on the safe side I just want stuff to
> 	*work*.  So will to order a video and sound card.  cAn anybody
> 	tell me if FBSD-5.3 works with the SoundBlaster Live card and
> 	the "GeForce MX4000 64M" card?  Since I can't fiddle with my
> 	hardware myself, I'd rather than everything just-works.
> 	...Rather than having to beg favors.
>
> 	Also, if anybody knows of a good online store, please let me
> 	know.  I found a website called "tigerdirect.com".  Am I
> 	tossing the dice? anybody dealt with this place?

Not directly, but I had a friend whose ram order was mysteriously "lost"
the day after they placed it. The ram price had just gone up by about
$20, and of course Tigerdirect would not give them the old price... That
and the couple of people I have known with Tigerdirect computers found
them to be pretty cheap in quality.

I have found www.newegg.com and www.zipzoomfly.com to have pretty good
service.

HTH,