make installworld problem

Gavin Cameron ggcameron at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:40:49 PDT 2005

>From /usr/src/UPDATING on my 5.3-STABLE machine...

20040308:
        The packet filter (pf) is now installed with the base system. Make
        sure to run mergemaster -p before installworld to create required
        user account ("proxy"). If you do not want to build pf with your
        system you can use the NO_PF knob in make.conf.
        Also note that pf requires "options PFIL_HOOKS" in the kernel. The
        pf system consists of the following three devices:
        device          pf              # required
        device          pflog           # optional
        device          pfsync          # optional