GRUB problems

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Wed Apr 27 13:28:06 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 21:54, Dan Nelson wrote:

> You probably don't have ufs support built into grub.  I find it easier
> to just chain to the bootblock instead:
>
> root(hd0,2)
> chainloader +1

That did the trick! Thank you very much!

So far I am quite pleased with PC-BSD. The installation took me less than half
an hour, the graphical installation is quite nice (even though it should
mention somewhere that you MUST install FreeBSD on a primary partition) and
PC-BSD booted fine, recognized my soundcard and came up with a nice KDE3.4.
The only thing I had to do was change the resolution and the driver (vesa is
not a good idea if you have an ATI card) in XF86Config.

The next thing I have to do is to get the network working (actually I have an
ISDN router, so this should not be a big deal). And then I should probably
start reading the nice handbook:-)

Greetings,
Michael