Qt programming

Steven Friedrich StevenFriedrich at InsightBB.com
Tue Apr 26 11:27:49 PDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:08:13 +0000, Chuck Robey wrote:

>Steven Friedrich wrote:
>> I want to learn Qt programming.  Can I do that without buying anything from TrollTech (until I'm ready to develop a commercial program) ?  Does FreeBSD have the tools, libraries, etc.?

<snip very good advice>

Thanks for the advice.  I am running FreeBSD.  I love it.  I've been in the profession since 1976, and I used UNIX at Gould Computer Systems Division for a solid 5 years between 1985-1990.  I've
been using FreeBSD since 1.1.5 (I think that's what came with a book I bought).  I love programming, but I hate the level of detail I need to address in most of the latest environments.  Visual C++
should be MUCH more functional.

I've been programming in C since '83 and C++ since '94, but I'm always on the lookout for higher level languages that will lessen my load.  I want to write small apps for personal use on my own
machines and I never seem to have enough time to learn new languages.  I started to pick up Java some time ago, but they keep tripling the language...

I do plan on learning Python and using it to access GTK and QT...

Again, thanks and I hope other people benefit from your response...

Steven Friedrich
5112 Mount Holyoke Drive
Louisville, KY  40216

StevenFriedrich at InsightBB.com