subbfont.ttf, missing.

Alejandro Pulver alejandro at varnet.biz
Mon Apr 25 14:37:30 PDT 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:20:40 -0700
Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> > I watch downloaded movies (in fact, I only saw the Lord Of The Rings
> > trailer, some AVIs outputed by a SEGA genesis emuator that I
> > reencoded with mencoder and a few more).
>
> 	You've got to have a fast connection!  I live around 20 km
> 	from downtown Seattle but the fastest link here is ISDL.
> 	... .

I have a cable modem of 512 K.

> > Does it crash with the plugin or alone? Does it crash when you are
> > watching a movie (can you watch that movie with another player, for
> > example xine)?
>
> 	I was using mplayer-plugin.  Now I'm trying to use
> 	gmplayer with http://  to listen to an audio stream.
> 	I've rebuilt mplayer with new configure [--args] and now
> 	the err is that it [gmplayer] sees a bad header.  So
> 	evidently there are more knobs/options to use.  I've
> 	tried xine; don't remember if it worked.
>
> 	Do you know if there are any FreeBSD ports that use the
> 	win32 codecs for just-plain-audio?  On my RH system I
> 	think the realplayer-10 has the option of playing
> 	Windoze-Media ...  Or maybe I was dreaming!!
> 	It would be so much simpler if every radio or television
> 	used Real.  But no so.

Real Player 10 is available in ports.

The only ports that use win32-codecs are:

multimedia/avifile
multimedia/mplayer
multimedia/mplayerxp
multimedia/xine
multimedia/xmps-win32-plugin

As outputed by:

find /usr/ports -type f -name Makefile -exec fgrep \
'win32-codecs' /dev/null {} \;

I visited MPlayer and Xine websites and they seem to support streaming
(maybe Xine works??).

Good Luck.

P.S.: please CC to the list.

Best Regards,