Audit tools?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sun Apr 24 08:26:14 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 08:02:39AM -0700, Jay O'Brien wrote:
> What are the tools that I should use to audit an existing
> FreeBSD installation? Without changing anything, I wish
> to quickly determine what is installed, i.e., the basic
> system, ports and packages, and then to compare what is
> installed to the currently available versions.

For ports/packages you can use pkg_info(1) to see what is installed,
and pkg_version(1) to compare what is installed to what is in the ports
tree.

For the base system there is no corresponding way to see what is
installed or not.  'uname -a' will show which version of FreeBSD is
installed, but after that you will have to check manually to see if all
components are installed or not.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson