non-official support for 5.2.1

Stevan Tiefert stevan.tiefert at freenet.de
Sun Apr 24 02:35:49 PDT 2005

Andreas Rudisch schrieb:

>On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 11:11 +0200, Stevan Tiefert wrote:
>

>>Hello Kris,
>>
>>to explain better, what I want (It was my job to specify better what I
>>want :-)
>>
>>Does the RELENG_5_2 security branch still exist? And if not, when and
>>where did they annouced to stop the support for 5.2.1?
>>
>>With regards
>>Stevan
>>

>http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html
>
>quote:
>"Older releases are not maintained and users are strongly encouraged to
>upgrade to one of the supported releases mentioned above."
>
>Andreas

Hello Andreas,

I have read this page already and I understood the text.

Fact was also that the 5.2.1-security-branch should supported till Oct
2005 and only important reasons can stop developing security branch
fixes! But why they stop developing the security branch without
notifying the people.

I mean it is not enough to write a small sentence on a web-site! It
should be announced in freebsd-annouce at freebsd.org. But I can not find
anything in the archives! The next time they should annouce the
interrupt of supporting a security branch!!!

With regards
Stevan