subbfont.ttf, missing.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Apr 23 15:07:24 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 05:39:58PM -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:19:14 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 04:44:33PM -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> > > On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:12:03 -0700
> > > Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> > >
> Hello,
>
> The first time I installed mplayer and it prompted me for that file I
> symlinked it to a font (you can do that instead of copying it),
> but I was not sure about if that works (I never played a movie with
> subtitles).

	Interesting.  I've installed, de- and re-installed mplayer
	several times.  Noprompting.  Anyway, I cp'd over a generic
	ttf file and the error dialog went away.

	I still see a strange error popup about AF_INET6 and
	not-being-able-to-connect-to fooo.com, but it seems like
	a bogus err, because I can see the data flowing over my
	router.

	Can you suggest an entire [g]mplayer [XXXX] http://
	example?  Or do you use mplayer to watch downloaded files?
	(Once, last fall, I had mplayer working for a few seconds;
	then it quit and coredumped.... [??])

> I do not know anything about the plugin but this links might be useful
> (they point to the local version of the MPlayer manual):
>
> file:///usr/local/share/doc/mplayer/control.html#ctrl-cfg
> file:///usr/local/share/doc/mplayer/devices.html#af_volume
>
> Hope that helps.

	Yup, thankee :-)

> P.S.: I have made a CC to you as the header indicates, but it was
> returned to me with the message: 550.biz spam not wanted.

	Apologies.  But a good percentage of my spam is from the
	slimeballs who abuse the biz domain.  (I restrain myself:-)

	Bottom line, thanks for your input,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix