OT: HTTP response handling - date correction in the client?

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Sat Apr 23 09:43:58 PDT 2005

This is OT, I know, but there's gotta be someone on this list that
knows the various HTTP specs better than I do.  I do know them better
than your average bear, at least, but apparently not as well as I
thought.

I seem to remember reading in a spec, some time ago, details of date
correction performed on responses received from a server with a skewed
system clock or to account for extended network latency.

Well, now I can't find the details of this date correction.  RFC 1945
and 2616 don't mention much detail, but I know it was discussed
somewhere.  I just can't remember where.  Unfortunately, my
predecessor didn't mention the spec he used in the commentary.  In
fact, he didn't put any commentary on the subject at all.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  I have googled, and searched W3C,
but the results weren't very helpful.

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Revolution, n.:
  In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.
    -- Ambrose Bierce