Can't build ports on older FreeBSD machine

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Tue Apr 19 20:16:38 PDT 2005

At 08:58 PM 4/19/2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>Those users of FreeBSD who care about supporting the ports collection
>in a given configuration, do so.  They don't just send mails
>complaining that someone else should do it for them.

What are you talking about? The maintainer of each port DOES support
it for everyone else. That's the point of having port maintainers.
However, the conventions for maintenance of ports should include
support for all non-EOLed versions of FreeBSD.

>P.S. You've ignored my Reply-To for a second time.  Are you trying to
>be deliberately aggravating, or does it just come naturally to you?

My e-mail client has been honoring your "Reply-to" field correctly.
You'll note that the "To:" fields on my replies all point to the
list.

--Brett Glass