gnome-btdownload not working

Didier Wiroth didier.wiroth at mcesr.etat.lu
Mon Apr 18 01:50:06 PDT 2005

Hello,
I'm using fbsd5.4-stable with gnome 2.10.

I've installed gnome-btdownload-0.0.20,1 (with py24-BitTorrent-core-4.0.1,1) from the ports.

When I try to download via the xterm shell with /usr/local/bin/btdownloadcurses.py, the bittorrent downloads work like a charm. But ... when I use the gnome-btdownload gui downloads don't work.

Even typing on a xterm for example: gnome-btdownload FreesBIE-1.1-i386.torrent
does indeed start the gui etc.. works great but downloads don't start. Here is some output:

Exception in thread bt_dl_thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 442, in __bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/threading.py", line 422, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-btdownload", line 548, in download_thread
    BitTorrent.download.download(self.args, file, status, finished, error, self.event, cols, path)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'download'

As mentionned above, the gnome-btdownload gui starts, I choose the location where to save the file and then ... I can see the progress bar ... but the download doesn't start. With tcpdump I can see that it does not even try to connect, as no ip traffic is flowing. I browse through the "download" or "upload" or "events" tab, but no files are downloaded.

I was wondering if someone is using it and if he had to patch the file or make some changes to have it work?

many thx
didier