Starting applications automaticaly

Brian Kinsey brian at thekinseys.net
Sat Apr 16 19:10:44 PDT 2005

I don't know what script file starts xfce. I start it by typing kdm. Then I
have an option of starting kde or xfce.

There is no .xinitrc on my computer, but there is a .kderc in my home
directory. I tried adding a line there that had "xbattbar &", but that
didn't work.

I also noticed that there is an Autostart directory under the .kde directory
in my home directory. Do I need to add a script there? If so, what would
this script look like?