Cylinder geometry problem - Unable to find device node

Ευστάθιος Καμπέρης eu_kamper at yahoo.gr
Sat Apr 16 12:20:05 PDT 2005

Hello to everyone :)

In an attempt to install FreeBSD 5.4-RC2, I encountered (except for many
other things :p) the following problem:

There is a disagreement as fas as the cylinder geometry of my hard disk is
concercned, beetwen BIOS and FreeBSD. Sysinstall asks me to adjust it
appropriately, but when I do so, the installation process terminates with an
error: "Unable to find device node for /dev/X in /dev". I flashed my BIOS
with the latest update but it didn't seem to help.

In the same disk I have Linux and Windows XP installed.

Thank you a lot,
Stathis K.

P.S. In case it's a trivial matter, forgive my ignorance.