about hpoj

Lars Eighner eighner at io.com
Sat Apr 16 08:44:48 PDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Andrea Riela wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> what I've to do to print correctly a file with my HP OfficeJet 7140xi through
> a network connection?
> I've installed the hpoj port, and I could see:
>
> elessar# ptal-hp device
> Model name:        officejet
> Model number:      7140xi
> Serial number:     HU3BKFM0TC6L
> Firmware version:  GD206R
> Firmware datecode: (unavailable)
>

> but if I try with ptal-print < file, the printed page is incorrect :)
> Maybe I need cups or something like that?

Yes.  And you might have to rebuild hpoj with cups support.  The
cups documentation is pretty tough going, but the FreeBDS diary
has a step-by-step which is very helpful.  Once it is set up,
cups administration is easy with any browser (lynx will work).

--
Lars Eighner
eighner at io.com
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html
8800 N IH35 APT 1191 AUSTIN TX 78753-5266