Adaptec 1210SA

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Thu Apr 14 15:09:02 PDT 2005

Daniel Martin-Fabiani wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to install latest version of FreeBsd in my box
>with two disks plugged into an Adaptec1210SA (Serial
>ATA) in order to have a mirror. I create the mirror at
>the Adaptec BIOS, but FreeBsd installation program
>doesn't notice about it and shows me only two devices
>where to install.

Daniel,

I do not know about your hardware, but nowadays it is pretty easy to set
up a system-level disk mirror in FreeBSD itself.  Saves you the hassle
of figuring out a way to monitor the the Adaptec stuff. :)

Check out gmirror.

I put a howto on my web site:
http://dannyman.toldme.com/2005/01/24/freebsd-howto-gmirror-system/

Good Luck.