5.8TB RAID5 SATA Array Questions

Benson Wong tummytech at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:18:57 PDT 2005

>From my experience mucking around with UFS1/UFS2 this is what I
learned.  On UFS2 the largest filesystem you can have is 2TB. I tried
with a 2.2TB and it wouldn't handle it.

I read somewhere that with UFS2 you have 2^(32-1) 1K-blocks and UFS1
supports 2^(31-1) 1K blocks per filesystem. That is essentially a 2TB
max file system for UFS2 and a 1TB filesystem for UFS1.

Ben

--
blog: http://benzo.tummytoons.com
site: http://www.thephpwtf.com