SMTP problems

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Apr 12 14:30:39 PDT 2005

Subhro wrote:
>>> authentication failure: cannot connect to Courier authdaemond: No
>>> such file or directory
>>> Apr 13 13:04:52 munich postfix/smtpd[27064]: warning:
>>> unknown[59.93.160.227]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
>>> Apr 13 13:04:55 munich postfix/smtpd[27064]: lost connection after
>>> AUTH from unknown[59.93.160.227]
>>> Apr 13 13:04:55 munich postfix/smtpd[27064]: disconnect from
>>> unknown[59.93.160.227]
>>>
>> May I kindly suggest that the answer is already there? It says:
>> "cannot connect to Courier authdaemond: No such
>> file or directory".
>> Either Postfix is looking in the wrong place or something's fishy
>> about the Courier authdaemond. What does the Courier log say?
>

> I did not explicitly install courier. Which is the port which I need to
> install?
What do you mean then? You said you are "trying to set up a mailserver
with virtual mailboxes and SASL authentication for SMTP". Courier IS a
mail server (in the ports) suitable for virtual mailboxes. I think you
need to provide all the details first, Postfix is an MTA but not a
complete mail server.
The problem above may be better answered on the Postfix list so I
suggest you try there as well.