vinum setup

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Apr 12 13:37:21 PDT 2005

Sorry, I'm having a miserable time trying to get vinum working on my
amd64 system.  Vinum tells me that it can't load the kernel ("vinum:
Kernel module not available: No such file or directory").  Gvinum simply
refuses to take any commands at all.  I tried looking at /boot/kernel,
naturally didn't find any such module, so I wanted to see about building
one, but I can't get "device vinum" to pass config's purview.

Does vinum work on amd64's?

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).