just got DSL, can't surf or get mail

Brian John brianjohn at fusemail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:48:49 PDT 2005

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>"Brian John" <brianjohn at fusemail.com> writes:

>>>dhclient will overwrite /etc/resolv.conf on boot
>>>

>>How can I keep dhclient from doing this?
>>

>Configure it not to: according to "man dhclient.conf", a
>"prepend domain-name-servers <mumble>" should do it.
>
>Or better yet, fix your router so that it either provides DNS services
>or stops telling your FreeBSD machine that it does.

Unfortunately I can't get my DSL modem to turn off it's DNS 'feature'.
I tried the advanced setup and it was no luck.  I'm trying your
dhclient.conf method, however it isn't working.  I read the manpage, and
I can't figure out why.  This is what I have in dhclient.conf:

interface "vr0" {
        prepend domain-name-servers 205.171.2.65;
        prepend domain-name-servers 205.171.3.65;
}

Any clue why this might not work?

Thanks for the help!

/Brian