Common Lisp on FreeBSD

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Sun Apr 10 17:08:32 PDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 10:51:52AM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
: Depends on what you're doing.  Other than clisp, the Common Lisp
: implementations in ports are pretty much all derived from the same
: origin (the CMU implementation), so you might as well just try them
: and see what you like; the technical differences shouldn't be that
: big.  [That's ignoring the "embeddable" one, but I wouldn't recommend
: that for learning.]

I think I've decided to stick with clisp for now, until I find a reason to
change.  The REPL seems nicer, for one thing.

: Or maybe you should consider Scheme... but that's another holy war.

No thanks.  I've had enough of those.  :-)

Say, have you fooled around with any clisp GUI toolkits?

jm