Cross-development of Windows 32-bit applications under FreeBSD?

cpghost at cordula.ws cpghost at cordula.ws
Sun Apr 10 16:08:33 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:44:43AM +0200, Lis wrote:
> From: "Anthony Atkielski" <atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr>
>
> >Is it possible to develop and build native Windows 32-bit applications
> >under FreeBSD, using only command-line tools like gcc and other
> >open-source components?
>
> hm i dont know whether this is a solution for u but u can download turbo c
> and turbo cpp for dos from the borland ftp. its free and makes dos
> applications (without the need of extra dll, or sim)... with some
> modifikation its also possible to make win applications... cygwin is
> another solution...

Perhaps running cygwin under wine would help (if it is at all
possible)? You'll probably need access to native Windows DLLs
instead of the wine libs though.

BTW, if you really want to write cross-platform apps, you may consider
using Qt (not kde!) or wxWidgets. Just develop under FreeBSD as usual,
and then compile against the Windows versions of the libraries (Beware:
Qt requires $$$$ for the Windows version last time I checked), using
Cygwin, Borland C++ or Microsoft Visual C++ (under Wine, if you prefer
and if it is possible).

Good luck!
-cpghost.

--