how to enable PHP on Apache?

Matthias F. Brandstetter haimat at lame.at
Sat Apr 9 09:01:09 PDT 2005

---------- quoting Matthias F. Brandstetter ----------
> I did all you said, httpd-error.conf says: "Apache/1.3.33 (Unix)
> mod_perl/1.29 PHP/4.3.11 configured -- resuming normal operations"
>
> But when I try to access my phpmyadmin installation Firefox asks me
> which program I want to use to open this PHP file :(

Sorry for answering to my own post, but I think I found the problem: I have
RT installed on the same system, using mod_perl. When I disable startup of
mod_perl, I can access phpmyadmin. So the problem only happens when I use
mod_perl with my config.

I tried it with

        <Location /phpmyadmin>
                SetHandler default-handler
        </Location>
        Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/local/www/phpMyAdmin

but still have this problem :(
Any ideas?

--
You know something, folks, as ridiculous as this sounds, I would rather
feel the sweet breath of my beautiful wife on the back of my neck as I

  -- Homer Simpson
     Homer's Night Out