Installing portupgrade without X.org

Paul Waring pwaring at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 04:26:50 PDT 2005

I'm currently trying to get portupgrade onto my new FreeBSD system by
running make install clean from /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade (after
doing a recent cvsup). Everything seems to go along fine, it starts
fetching all the packages it requires and then suddenly I see a
download for X.org. This is a server system and there's no monitor
attached so installing X is a bit pointless and a waste of time for
me, but I don't know how to say "install this port *without* X
dependancies" as this is the first time I've come across this problem
(when I installed cvsup I used the -without-gui port so it wasn't a
problem).

I've searched around but the only relevant material I've managed to
find is something about installing the JDK without X.org which seems
to be specific to that case and all the other results seem to be about
problems installing X which I don't want to do. I'm fairly new to BSD
and I've never got this far setting up a system from scratch before
(every other time I've stumbled somewhere on the way) so any
advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory