Firefox won't start

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Fri Apr 8 23:50:35 PDT 2005

* jason henson <jason at ec.rr.com>:
> >I'm starting it from commandline. It doesn't print any errors and
> >exits after a second.
> >Under root, it starts and gives me debugging messages.
>
> Does it do a core dump?  What options did you use to compile?  Are
> your dependancies out of date?  There was just a big gnome update,
> see freebsd.org/gnome for an update script.

It's a fresh 5.4RC installation, so I doubt there's anything out of
date.
Package behaves the same as the port (I cimpiled after the package
wouldn't work, no special options).
I simply run firefox, nothing happens:
$ which firefox
/usr/X11R6/bin/firefox
$ firefox
$
No window, no process, nothing.

But:
/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/firefox-bin also exits, complaining about missing
libmozjs.so (ldd show me that the library is in fact not found).
libmozjs.so exists: /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/libmozjs.so
But why does it work as root then (running the firefox-script, not
firefox-bin directly)?

--
Fridtjof Busse
Fry: "Hey, you guys, the most amazing thing happened, it's two-for-one