Automounting smbfs?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Fri Apr 8 13:40:55 PDT 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 14:12, you wrote:

> Kirk,  here's what I did to auto mount my pesky windows shared backup
> folder prior to having a seperate nfs mount to put them.
>
> Configure your share as noauto in /etc/fstab (example)

[...]

Out of curiosity, why would you do that instead of just letting FreeBSD
mount it automatically (which is what I do now)?

The goal I'm trying to accomplish is pushing the same map to multiple
machines (eg via LDAP).  I never bothered to do that with my NFS mounts,
but I'm using the addition of the SMB shares as an excuse to rework the
system before it grows much more.
--
Kirk Strauser