FreeBSD 5.3 X-Windows Config During Installation

pete wright nomadlogic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 13:05:02 PDT 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 10:00 AM, WOLOSCHAK, FRANK, JR (FRANK)
<woloschi at lucent.com> wrote:

> QUESTIONS:
> 1) Why doesn't the FreeBSD 5.3 install give configuration options for the X-Windows server and desktop?

If you check out the handbook it states that the X installation has
been removed from the instalation setup (which frankly is not a big
issue for most users IMO due to the fact that few people would want to
run X on a server platform which I recon would be a majority of the
user base for FreeBSD).  In any event they point to directions here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html

> 2) If the answer to #1 is that the "Xorg" implementation doesn't contain these, then please help me find the "easiest" way to setup the Gnome desktop following a new fresh installation.

this should be outlined in the above doc.

good luck.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~