Cannot use cvsup with 5.3-release

Tom Trelvik ttt at cwru.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:56:06 PDT 2005

Tetsuji "Maverick" Rai wrote:
> *default host=cvsup.jp.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> src-all

	I don't think you want "tag=." as the default.  That would put you the
most current sources for the OS, which may have plenty of transient
issues you don't want to have to deal with.

	I use the following supfile regularly.  You can see that I set the
default tag to RELENG_5_3 which is basically the original release of 5.3
plus security updates
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html).
  I do that because these are servers that I try to keep as stable as
possible.  For a personal system, you may prefer to use RELENG_5 to get
something more up to date, without being the bleeding edge of CVS
updates.  You can also see that I specify a different tag to grab for
ports, so that I can get the updates on them.

*default host=cvsup12.freebsd.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_3