.iso

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Tue Apr 5 22:52:35 PDT 2005

bertybadboy <i.am.a.hedgehog at gmail.com> writes:

> Which .iso files do i download and burn onto a cd?

I think this is a FAQ more or less, but anyway - for a 'normal' install,
with base system and a reasonable helping of the most popular packages,
what you need is a -disc1.iso (which comes in two flavors in 4.11 - kde
and gnome respectively - and I think tihs will also be the case for 5.n
releases from 5.4 onwards). disc2 is traditionally the live filesystem,
while miniinst is for a minimal install.