freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 93, Issue 7

Tejaswy Appalla tejaswytej at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 22:28:14 PDT 2005

i just got the latest freebsd 5.3 & started installing it.
The system booted with the cd and a series of things appeared
(including saturn "the red guy") on the screen until it got hanged up.
I dont know what to do.
The last two lines that appeared after which the system hanged were:

ado: WARNING - READ_DMA interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA = 78165297
ado: WARNING - READ_DMA interrupt was seen but taskqueue stalled LBA = 78165297

I've tried using ATA100 instead of the ATA66 in my motherboard, but
iti too didn't helped.

please suggest what to do.
thanks.
Tejaswy