screwy network/dmz problem

Chip Wiegand chip.wiegand at simrad.com
Mon Apr 4 14:14:28 PDT 2005

here in our office we have a firewall running Firewall-1 (it is
administered remotely from another office in another country). It is set
up with a dmz so I can host a web server (which is running IIS), but it
works. I am now adding another web server, running Apache/FreeBSD. Problem
is the FBSD box does not ping anything. The IIS box can ping the FBSD box
and get a response from it. I have used the same network settings on the
FBSD box that are on the IIS box, changing only the ipaddress. I don't
understand why the FBSD box only responds with network not found when
trying to ping anything. Now the IIS box is not a member of any network,
it is it's own workgroup called DMZ. Is the problem that the FBSD box
needs to be a member of the workgroup DMZ? And if so, how do I get it
there?

Regards,
Chip