Boot manager

Emanuel Strobl emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Sun Apr 3 11:47:38 PDT 2005

Am Sonntag, 3. April 2005 20:36 schrieb Gert Cuykens:
> On Apr 3, 2005 7:33 PM, Christopher Nehren
>
> <apeiron+usenet at coitusmentis.info> wrote:
> >
> > On 2005-04-03, Teilhard Knight scribbled these
> >
> > curious markings:
> > > Could you recommend a good boot manager, please? I mean, to boot
> > > several OSs, but not relying on Lilo. Not Xosl, because it doesn't work
> > > together with a Drive Overlay.
> >
> > What's wrong with FreeBSD's boot manager?
>
> It doesnt have colors
> It doesnt look pretty
> It writes ?? instead of windows
> Nobody knows how it works for example how to install it witout sysinstall
> :P

The latter is not true, the manpage very clearly points to boot0cfg, a very
convinient tool and there's probably nothing out there which describes the
booting stages on i386 better than the boot(8) manpage.

If you don't like it it's another thing but you should read the excelent stuff
people are writing for you!

-Harry