Some kind of intranet update system for FreeBSD?

Andrew P. infofarmer at mail.ru
Sun Apr 3 08:05:30 PDT 2005

Chris wrote:
> Andrew P. wrote:
>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew P.
>>

>> P.S. Still, IMHO a nicely-designed port would be
>> great. I mean we do have portupgrade for crying out
>> loud. If we have something for a network of freebsd
>> boxes, we could start talking enterprise-level
>> management.
>>
>> P.P.S. What a pity that we don't have tarfs/ftpfs.
>> Okay, that's just a sidenote.
>

> ... are you volunteering?!

Well, I just might be able to write a dirty perl
script that would add to thousands of useless ports.
However, if there a busy soul with much knowledge
and an ability to guide, I think I'll be able to
produce some nice code with little of his help :)

I'm now thinking learning ruby and examining
portupgrade's code carefully. 6-9 months at least.

Best wishes,
Andrew P.