webalizer package installation

Sadashiv Kulthe sadashiv.linux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 06:43:08 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to install webalizer. I am newbie and I have  tried a lot.
But it is giving me error ..

checking for main in -lpng... no
configure: error: png library not found... please install Png.

checking for libgd.so... (cached) no
configure: error: gd library not found... please install gd.

1) How to install gd and png libraries? Can you provide me url?  How
to check they are installed or not?

2) I also want to install a JAVA on freeBSD. What are the packages
requires, how to install them. I know pkg_add command.

3) How to check what packages are install on the system and how to
resolve dependacies.

Thanks and Regards
Sadashiv Kulthe.
System Administrator