ipmon logging

bob at a1poweruser.com bob at a1poweruser.com
Sat Apr 2 16:07:45 PST 2005

After testing with 5.3 on my workbench box it seems that ipfilter
has changed between 4.11 and 5.3. The syslog.conf logging statement
of    local0.*       /var/log/security   is only valid for the
ipfilter in the 4.x versions of Freebsd.
security.*       /var/log/security     is only valid for the
ipfilter in the 5.3 version and greater of Freebsd.

The official handbook is written for 4.11 release.  It needs to be
updated for the 5.3  5.4 releases