blanking the console

Emanuel Strobl emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Sat Apr 2 13:21:26 PST 2005

Am Samstag, 2. April 2005 23:11 schrieb dick hoogendijk:
> OK, probably a stupid question. I can't find it though. Sorry.
> How can I blank the screen on the console (terminal).

Hmmm, "clear" is not what you mean?

> Something like the linux "setterm -blank 60" which will blank the screen
> after 60 seconds of inactivity. There must be a (freebsd) equivalent,

If you mean a screensaver, that can be done with `vidcontrol -t 60` or per
config file in /etc/rc.conf <<blanktime="60">> but you have to define a
screensaver before. For example with <<saver="blank">> in /etc/rc.conf.
For a list see `ls -l /boot/kernel/*_saver.ko`

-Harry