file mode on dynamicly created cua/tty devices

Randy Primeaux randyprimeaux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 20:12:06 PST 2005

How do I set file mode to 0666 on dynamicly created devices, such as
cua* and tty* ?

I couldn't find the answer in the Handbook.

I'm trying to get a alm m500 to hotsync with pilot-link and Kpilot on
FreeBSD 6-CURRENT.  So far, I can communicate via dlpsh as root if I
press the HotSync button on the cradle, wait for /var/log/messages to
show:

ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

then execute:

sudo dlpsh -p /dev/cuaU0

_or_

if I press HotSync button, then:

sudo chmod 0666 /dev/cuaU0 ; dlpsh -p /dev/cuaU0

I assume the ownsership issue is preventing me from using KPilot.