changing umask in ssh

Peter C. Lai sirmoo at cowbert.2y.net
Fri Apr 1 11:03:56 PST 2005

I want to be able to set some users' umask to 002 after they login via ssh.
Do I have to enable UseLogin to do this from login.conf? or is there another
method? The purpose for this is that I want to implement group-based
write privs without having to do ACLs which would be overkill for this.
So that all files created by these users (who are in the same group) would have
initial permissions set to 664 so that other members of the group can write
to these files.

--
Peter C. Lai
University of Connecticut