Which Version of FreeBSD?

Aaron Siegel aj at siegel-tech.net
Thu Sep 30 13:39:18 PDT 2004

I really believe the choose would depend on your requirements and your
experience. If you are new to open source Unix-like environment then you
should not use either in version in a production environment unless you can
afford the cost associated with learning a new system. Do not under estimate
that cost.  In a production environment I would recommend using a system you
are familiar with administering.  I hope I do not get too many people mad at
me for say this.

If you are seating up a file sharing server that works in a windows
environment you may want to use 5.3. This version adds support for ACL, NSS
(nss_ldap) , and a bunch of other stuff that I have not be able to explore
yet.