fetchyahoo Failed: Couldn't get challenge to log in

Simon Barner barner at gmx.de
Thu Sep 30 12:55:15 PDT 2004

Huajian Luo wrote:
> hi,guys
>   I installed fetchyahoo and when I run fetchyahoo
> It told me
> ----
> Logging in securely via SSL as
> Failed: Couldn't get challenge to log in, Try again
> later,
>
> any comments on this?
> Thanks in advance!!!

I remember to have read that they changed their login interface, and
thus fetchyahoo needs to be updated.

A PR is already in the queue, but since the ports tree is currently
frozen, the update will take some time to take place.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/71804

If you are very impatienty, you can try the following:

Edit the ports makefile, and change PORTVERSION to 2.8.6.
Now run `make makesum && make build' and see if it works.

No guarantees, of course... ;-)

Simon