ISP blocking port 80

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at exadios.com
Wed Sep 29 20:27:12 PDT 2004

Hi;

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Stanley Wright wrote:

> If my ISP blocking port 80 and all other ports, what
> options do I have for running Apache.

I doubt whether your ISP is blocking all ports. If they where a number
your applications would not work.

You do not have to use port 80 as the listening port for Apache - it is
only the default. For instance you could use 1080. Your URL would then
be http://www.mywebpage.com:1080/.

However, if you move away from port 80 I doubt whether stuff like Google
would pick you up. I guess it all depends on what you want to use the
Web server for.

> Thanks.

Cheers

--