installworld touch: not found

Markie mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 29 14:11:44 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "kent" <kstewart at owt.com>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Cc: "Markie" <mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: installworld touch: not found

| On Wednesday 29 September 2004 01:35 pm, Markie wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > I just got this error when I went to installworld on my laptop. Google
came
| > up with an incorrect time/date and unmounted NFS, but my date and time
are
| > correct and I am not using NFS. I changed newvers.sh to /usr/bin/touch
| > instead and it's working, is this safe to do? Will I encounter any
weird
| > problems? Never had this problem before...
|
| I won't comment on what you did as a fix.

Oops! I guess it wasn't the greatest idea in the world then? You can call
me stupid, I don't mind :) It seems to be running fine... but if I really
shouldn't have done that can I just do another buildworld?

| Another possibility is that you are running a cmos clock with local time.
You
| need to run "adjkerntz -i" before you do anything. See /usr/src/UPDATING

What am I looking at in UPDATING? I don't see anything recent related to
adjkerntz... but I just ran it anyway. Should it have changed my time or
date? It didn't seem to do much?