FreeBSD hardware specifications

Subhro subhro.kar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:51:56 PDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:12:34 +0800, annuar <aaehsan at eng.ukm.my> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to Linux/Unix. I've installed Fedora Core 1 on my AMD Sempron 1.67,
> 256 MB, 40GB and 17" monitor. It is running but the CD player does work (No
> sound) - can anyone help me on this?

You are in the wrong place. We do not answer anything about
Linux/Fedora whatever. BTW off the list, go and check the audio cable
on your CDROM drive.

> I'm interested on FreeBSD (download the 4.10) and would like to install it
> either on this machine or a new machine. Can anyone suggest a suitable
> machine (with specs so that I can go to the PC shops)?

You can install FBSD on the same system as dual boot. Although I do
not have a valid reason why one would run Linux when he/she is also
running FBSD.

For running FBSD, without X windows, any hardware can go through. For
example you can get hold of a 386 with 16 MB RAM and a 700MB hard disk
and run FBSD like wind.

Regards
S.

--