tcsh star-up files help needed

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Tue Sep 28 11:16:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

Could someone explain to me what is the order tcsh's star-up file are
processed ? The man page is rather unclear for me: The shell may read
/etc/csh.login before instead of after /etc/csh.cshrc ....

What I want and doesn't work if entered in /etc/csh.cshrc but works in
~/.cshrc, if possible, is to have the prompt for all users

if (${TERM} == 'screen') then
        set SCREEN_NAME = "/${STY:e}"
else
        set  = ''
endif

set prompt = ........${SCREEN_NAME}.....

with the intent of having screen(1) session name somewhere in the prompt
if the shell runs under screen or nothing if it is not under screen,
without having to add the above lines to all users ~/.cshrc

Thanks,

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"