Mouse wheel on XOrg 6.7.0 (FreeBSD 5.3-beta5)

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Sep 25 17:30:56 PDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 10:27:41PM +0100, David Gerard wrote:
> Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:
> >David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
>
> >>I've just installed the latest 5.3 beta with XOrg 6.7.0.
> >>The mouse works, except I can't get the mouse wheel to work.
> >>The mouse section of xorg.conf is as follows:
>
> >I recently switched to X.org without changing any of my configuration.
> >My mouse section looks like this:
> >Section "InputDevice"
> >        Identifier  "Mouse0"
> >        Driver      "mouse"
> >        Option      "Protocol" "SysMouse"
> >        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
> >        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
> >EndSection
> >Works fine. I guess you have to change the protocol to SysMouse.
>
> Alex de Kruijff wrote:
>
> > This needs to go in /etc/rc.conf
> > moused_flags="-a .4"
> > moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> > moused_type="auto"
> > moused_enable="YES"
> > The value afther a is a correction factor.

Benjamin,

This one setup the driver and gives you directly mouse access to the
console. Consentrate on that first.

> Unfortunately, neither of these suggestions work, either separately
> or together!

The need to be togther.

> More detail: the mouse is a Compaq (Logitech) USB optical mouse.
> I did try moused_port="/dev/ums0" as well.

man moused says:
You can attach multiple USB mice to your system or to your USB hub.
They are accessible as /dev/ums0, /dev/ums1, and so on.

--
Alex

P.S. Its common on these list to reply to all. I usaly miss mail thats
not send to but no to me.

Articles based on solutions that I use:
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/