No Sound after upgrading KDE

Benjamin Walkenhorst krylon at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 13:45:35 PDT 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:37:06 +0100
"R. W." <list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com> wrote:

> I recently upgraded to KDE 3.3 (under FreeBSD 5.2.1) and the sound
> stopped working properly. I hear the tune as KDE starts up, but then
> there is no sound after that. Multimedia applications still work
> properly under XFce, it's just KDE.

Maybe artsd gets started along with KDE and grabs control of your sound
card.
You can either try to deactivate it - if it turns out to be guilty - or
try to make your apps work with it.

Kind regards,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.