GORM not compiling from ports

Benjamin Walkenhorst krylon at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 07:53:41 PDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I was up to learning a little Objective-C and wanted to install GORM
from ports (/usr/ports/devel/gorm), which is a clone of NeXT Step's
Interface Builder (as far as I know).
However, the build stops with the following error message.
I think that some underlying library is causing a problem. Can anyone
give me a hint?
Here's the tail of the output of 'sudo make install clean':
Making all in Testing...
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/devel/gorm/work/Gorm-0.7.7/Testing' Making all for app
GormTest... Creating GormTest.app/....
 Compiling file GormTest.m ...
 Linking app GormTest ...
 Creating GormTest.app/Resources...
 Creating GormTest.app/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist...
 Creating GormTest.app/Resources/GormTest.desktop...
 Copying resources into the app wrapper...
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/devel/gorm/work/Gorm-0.7.7/Testing' Making all for app
Gorm... Creating Gorm.app/....
 Compiling file Gorm.m ...
Gorm.m:30:43: GNUstepGUI/GSNibCompatibility.h: No such file or directory
Gorm.m: In function `-[Gorm testInterface:]':
Gorm.m:726: warning: cannot find method
Gorm.m:726: warning: return type for `awakeWithContext:topLevelItems:'
defaults to id Gorm.m: At top level:
Gorm.m:1487: cannot find interface declaration for `NSViewTemplate'
gmake[1]: *** [shared_obj/Gorm.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [Gorm.all.app.variables] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gorm.

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.