cannot see Windows after installing FreeBSD

Saccheen Martin sach_anna at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 22:48:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am a newbie to FreeBSD. I have a Pentium 3, 5oo IBM
computer that I put two hard drives in. I added a 4.3G
hard drive (master) and an 80G hard drive (slave).
Initially, windows XP was installed on both hard
drives.

Last night, I decided to install FreeBSD 4.10 on the
4.3G hard drive and keep windows on the 80G. Anyway,
after I installed FreeBSD, I couldn't gain any access
to Windows XP on the 80G hard drive. What happened? Do
I have to reinstall windows? Is there a way to set the
BIOS so that I can boot from a particular operating
system?

Also, a second question-I have tried to access the
BIOS by typing different combinations of Fs and
ALT-CTRL-INS and I am unable to access my BIOS. Help!